Wednesday 29 August 2012

Becoming an Organic Convert: A Philosophy

I began the journey to becoming a healthier, organic person about seven months ago now. It's amazing how time flies when you're feeling great. Hell, I've had lots of fun along the way too. I've learnt so much along the way, not only about health, but about myself and where I want to be physically, mentally and spiritually. I have become inspired to help other people to find their optimal health.

And that's why I've started this blog. I  want to help others make positive changes to their health and well-being. I want to be able to use my experience as a professional Mental Health Occupational Therapist to provide practical knowledge on how you can make the changes you feel you need to make. It's about becoming an 'Organic Convert' yourself. But what is an 'Organic Convert'? What defines an 'Organic Convert'? For me, it's about converting to the healthier person I am meant to be. It's about:

  • Becoming healthier through eating clean, organic real food
  • Becoming stronger and fitter through regular physical activity
  • Becoming happier through positive experiences and sharing these with the people I love
  • Becoming aware of how my choices impact on others and the environment
  • Feeling better physically and mentally to be able to function at my best every day
(I break these goals down even further, but that's a post for another day)

But what does it mean for you? We all have different values, beliefs, experiences, opinions, desires, goals and so on and so forth. We are all individual. What I want might be different from what you want. But I wholeheartedly believe that everyone wants to become healthier. Right? What that 'healthier' looks like is defined by you. 

So start defining exactly what being healthier is for you. And that's your philosophy. That's the Organic Convert philosophy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment